Sunday, August 25, 2013

Life Is Beautiful

Take the time to look around, look up some pictures of nature or pictures of places around the world and literally just take it in. Don't think of anything negative, just look at the place and picture yourself there. Think of the oceans and the mountains and the forests, and tell me that those things aren't beautiful. Personally, I think becoming a vegan and working for Green Earth (learning about Chakras and stones and stuff) has really opened my eyes. All I want to do is go to British Columbia (my favourite place in the entire world, forever and always) and I just want to enjoy every moment of it. I don't care if I go in the winter or the summer, I just want to go there. I don't want to have to worry about money or anything, I just want to go and enjoy how absolutely beautiful it is. I am starting to really realize how absolutely stunning nature is, and how much we take it for granted. Not even just nature, but the little things as well. We are so damn busy looking at our texts or scrolling through Twitter and Facebook that we don't take the time to notice the things around us, the people around us, the life around us. I want to start appreciating everything, and enjoying everything. I am already much happier than I used to be, but I think trying to actually enjoy my surroundings instead of drowning myself in my phone or hiding out in my basement will make me feel even happier. I want to stop complaining that it's too hot out, or that it's raining. I also want to stop caring so much about the material things and the things I don't have. I want to just love and appreciate what I do have and stop dwelling on what I don't. I also want to travel now, more than ever because I want to see the world. I want to see all of the beauty, and nature and just everything. I don't want to go just to stay in a five star hotel somewhere and go shopping all day. I want to hike up mountains and go in the ocean and collect shells and rocks, and I want to fall more in love with nature and maybe while I'm travelling I will do memorable, selfless things just for the sake of helping. Like helping baby sea turtles get back to the water, or helping rehabilitate elephants in Thailand. Okay, I am done now. I need to go to bed. But seriously friends, take a look around. We live in a beautiful world (despite the fact that we are destroying it inch by inch), and we really need to notice it a little more because I think we will all be completely different people if we put down the technology for a bit and enjoy the finer things.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I nominated you for the Liebster award, check it out here:
    http://jessicastaceyxo.blogspot.ca/2013/08/i-was-nominated-for-something.html

    ♥Jess

    ReplyDelete