Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pet Peeves

Okay, so I was just sitting on the couch thinking about stuff while I was watching TV and I started thinking about all of my pet peeves for some odd reason. So, I figured I'd share some of them with you, because some of them I really just need to talk about because they are just, I don't know. So here goes nothing, my list of random/stupid/questionable pet peeves:

1. "Pet peeves". Let's be serious here. Why are they called pet peeves? Why. It bugs me because I simply do not understand, so if someone would care to elaborate that would be great. (I am not going to do extensive research like I did with my previous unicorn dilemma). "Pet peeves" is one of my pet peeves because I don't understand why they're called pet peeves!

2. People who try to change my lifestyle/diet and think it's okay. I have been a vegetarian for 6 years and a vegan for 2 weeks and 2 days, and people still try and change that by saying rude and insensitive things such as, "eat a burger" or "eat some meat because you're not going to change the world." Okay, well just so everyone knows, I do not think I am going to change the world. I just don't want to be a contributor to animal abuse/neglect/slaughter and I don't want to encourage anything regarding the mistreatment of animals. I don't try to change anyone else's views or outlooks on eating meat and animal by-products, so I don't know why people can't just accept my choices and be a little more considerate. I never try and tell people they shouldn't or can't eat meat, because that is their own personal choice and this is mine.

3. Girls and cats. I know that doesn't really count as a pet peeve, but I dislike a lot of girls, and especially girls who pretend to be who they are not. Ever since I can remember, I have been obsessed with cats and anything with cats on it or anything involving cats. I have numerous cat shirts, cat bags, cat pins, cat sweaters and vests and more and all of the sudden, it's a trend to wear cat attire and to be overly obsessed with cats. It bugs me because girls are just doing it to get some attention. It's okay to love and adore cats, but when you act overly obsessed with them just because it's a trend, well that bugs me because I have always been super into cats and cat clothing and now all of these girls think they're so cute wearing their cat shirts and taking pictures with their cat phone cases (which might I add, I had a lovely cat case a year ago and people made fun of me for it hmmmm). Anyways, I know this is a ridiculous thing to be bothered about but I am okay? Especially when it's girls I dislike taking pictures of their "new kitty shirt" and ugh.

4. People who only care about themselves, but act like they do everything for everyone else. These people bug me so much because it is so obvious that they just have a huge-ass ego. When you brag about all of this "stuff" that you do for other people, then you really don't do it for the sake of being a good person, you do it because you want the attention for doing "something nice" or "something admirable". A lot of people are fooled by these fakers. They think that they genuinely are compassionate and nice and everything that they aren't. They are bullshitters, and they bug me so much. I know some people with parents like this, and it just bugs me so much, because they think that they're this perfect citizen who only cares about everyone else and not themselves. Yet I hear them put down their kid constantly, and then they gloat about the "good things" they do for other people and then they brag about themselves, thinking that I am not fooled by the fact that the whole time they were technically bragging about themselves (because they don't give anyone else a chance to speak or talk about their day or anything). No thanks. Do. Not. Like.

Okay, well that is the end of my pet peeves rant, for now. I have plenty more, trust me. I'm sure I'll blog about them another day, but for now I am finished. Sorry if none of them really made sense, those are just the things that bug me and I was raging/ranting and wasn't really paying attention to what I was saying. Anyways, love you all (aka probably still just my mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment